Monday, November 29, 2010

The Social Network (Movie)

So I finally got to take a break this holiday weekend and watch "The Social Network."
Originally I thought this movie would be boring but I was completely wrong. After the first half hour I felt immersed in the story. I kind of felt a connected to the characters and felt bad for them when something went wrong or when they were arguing.
I thought it was really impressive on how much Mark accomplished in one night creating "facemash," writing all that code while hacking Harvard's servers.
Something I found weird was that in the original plans Mark mentioned that Facebook shouldn't monetize because people didn't like it but now it does have ads.  Then the side story between Mark and Eduardo; did Mark really screw Eduardo over because he was jealous that Eduardo got into the "Phoenix Club?" even though Eduardo was part of this project from the beginning and financed it a majority of the way.
Regardless, it kind of worked out in the end; the Winklevoss' and Eduardo got their settlements and Facebook is the success it is today.

No comments:

Post a Comment